Have you ever really thought about the difference between light and darkness. As I was walking home the other evening around 9:00 pm I started to really think about how dark it was. At the time there were no lights in the area and moon had yet to glow over the horizon. Anyway, it was simply black, not just dark. We seem to go through these sort of periods every so often in each of our lives and grope for any light that may come our way. It is the same with the gospel and the peace the gospel can bring to our thoughts. The light may not be visible to many but it is simply luminous to those who are looking for it. My talk this coming Sunday has allowed me to contemplate the darkness around me as I have had the chance to see how good the light feels. The evil in the world represents so much darkness which is easily chased away if you allow the light to come in or turn on. In this part of the world we are fighting darkness in some ways and winning. Occasionally those with evil win but as you are aware they will only win the battle and not the final war. We occasionally lose loved ones to the evil or darkness, some physically and others morally It is my hope that those who have slipped into the darkness morally will see the light at the end of the tunnel and find their way home. I grieve those friends lost physically the other day to the evil that is about us and don't want to fully understand the reasons behind the insurgents we are here to defend against.
I love you all.
Ponderings
10 years ago
3 comments:
Those are some great thoughts. Just this morning in reading in the D&C it was talking about the darkness and the light in regards to revelation in our lives.
It's funny . . . I've been thinking a lot about choosing to live in light or darkness lately also. Interesting.
Thanks for that post, I have been thinking a lot about that and it was nice to hear someone else thinking the same things.
Chrissy
Post a Comment