Saturday, February 21, 2009

22 Feb 09 Update from Afghanistan

Good morning all,

The pictures below were fun to take. It's interesting how the locals reacted when I would tell then that all I wanted were pictures, some were okay and others sad. Oh well, we may see them again and possibly buy something.

It's hard to write a post like this; We lost an Air Force friend yesterday, one whom I had known for years. This individual was stationed quite a ways from our location and out on a patrol when hit by an Improvised Explosive Devise (IED). The loss of anyone is sad, when you know the person it hits home a bit more. We all know that we can depart this life at anytime yet we live as though we are invincible, I know that I do. This is all the more reason to chose the right and strive to live better everyday as one never really knows what's going to happen tomorrow. For the time being our little group is staying safe and vigilant. We continue with all of the ongoing construction so that our location can support more people and also improve the quality of life for all who may have a need to visit or come here. Today is Sunday and thus I get to go to church, I'm looking forward to church. I hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday and are safe in all that you do. Love Lincoln

4 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

Linc,

Your attitude is an inspiration.
Your smile is contag1ous.
I'm sorry for your loss.
We pray for you always.

Love
Dad

Tina said...

Ohhhh, I'm sorry Lincoln!! You'll have to tell me more about it when you call. LOVE YOU!!

King Family said...

I am so sad to hear about your loss. I hope his family will be okay. I miss you dad!

Bainter Family Antics said...

I am sorry to hear this. You are in our prayers. By the way I really enjoy your blog