Sunday, February 15, 2009

16 Feb 09 Update from Afghanistan

Good morning everyone.

I had the privilege of speaking in church Yesterday to a large crowd of eight. We had seven members and one investigator. I spoke on the Peace the Gospel Brings and felt the spirit the whole time. The increase in our membership is amazing as three new members arrived this week having just come over for a 365 day tour of duty. Granted three of the members that have been here will be leaving in five weeks so our surge will only be short lived, in the meantime we will enjoy the crowd.

Continuing my thoughts from the other day I have a few more words to add. Darkness does not have to be complete of permanent if there is the smallest spark of hope for the light. Take our area here where it is completely dark when the sun goes down. The stars are still able to cast a small amount of light if one is willing to sit and wait until ones eyes become adjusted to the darkness around them. The challenge is, do we want to become adjusted to the darkness or seek out more light? We can often wait until the moon arrives which can illuminate the entire landscape and actually allow us to fully function but in the end it to only offers limited luminance and we may still struggle for our destination. If however we are patient we can hold out for what most of us want and that is the light that over shadows all darkness, the Son.

I love all of you and wish you a grand Monday.

3 comments:

King Family said...

It must have been ment to be. You got to give your talk to twice as many people as you would have before. How neat.

What you have been saying about the darkness and the light is really neat. It is great to think about things like that.

I love you dad!

Tina said...

I really appreciate all the updates you are doing Lincoln, especially knowing how early in the morning you get up to do them! LOVE YOU!

LeeAnn said...

What a great thought! I may have to quote you in my talk on Sunday!