Thursday, February 19, 2009

20 Feb 09 Update from Afghanistan

Good morning,

Oh boy was I tired last night, I felt like going to bed early but held off until 10:00 before turning the lights out. The room next to me is occupied by 12 individuals as the Army just crams their rooms full when they are in a flux so even though I turned my light off at 10:00 I had to put on my head phones to block out their noise. They will only be here for a few more weeks and then the rooms will be used by two individuals instead of the current crowd. Anyway It was hard to get to sleep. I debated on sleeping a couple of more hours and then remembered that I needed to write to all of you and say hello.

I have found my opposite. Same rank in the military all be it the Army. However, he is the most negative guy I have ever come across. I once knew an individual who swore really bad. He would use the worst kind of words every third word for no apparent reason. Well, this Army Sergeant Major is worst, how can someone be worse. No matter how nice I tried to be he continued to exemplify an individual that regardless of his education level was rather ignorant of what he was saying. Profanity sure does make one look stupid. So, after close to an hour, I chewed him out and read him the riot act. He was stumped but only for a few moments. He huffed and puffed and said goodbye. I don't really have to deal with him so there is a chance that we won't bump into each other much, it will be interesting to see how he reacts the next time we meet. Anyway, I felt good after the encounter. It reminded me of several quotes which Tina and I came across a couple of years ago dealing with profanity when we had to give a fireside. Basically one who calls upon the spirit aide will be able to withstand the challenges they are faced with to include being forced to be in the vilest of situations or conditions.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day. I love all of you. Lincoln

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm sorry you are having to deal with that!!!

Just got home from book club, good thing you weren't home you'd have been worried that I was in a car wreck or something . . . didn't get home until after 11:00 . . .

Miss you!

The two old crows said...

Good for you for standing up for what you believe in. I had to do that on a job once and it was sure a lot nicer after that. Hopefully that will happen in your case.

King Family said...

I hope that man will come to respect you. People like that are sad, they can't find anything better to say and offend most the people they talk to. I hope you don't have to see him very often and that he will watch his tongue when he is around.

Love you!