Good morning,
Have you ever wondered what causes people to be morning people versus night people or why someone claims that they got up on the wrong side of the bed and thus they are having a hard day. I have the habit of putting my right boot on first every morning, I don't know why, I just do it. Asking the question of several others I found out that most do the same. I usually turn off the light at night at 10:30 and get up at 4:30 yep, six hours of sleep is what I average.
Anyway, just like putting on my right boot first or getting up at the same time seems to be a pattern what would happen if I were to change the habit. Would I all of the sudden claim that I must of gotten up on the wrong side of the bed or would I blame it on something like having a lousy sleep. I don't really want to test the theory because I love life and have found what works for me, others are always questioning me as to why I'm always smiling and seem happy. I have to admit it because sometimes I fake it until my body catches up and finally gets the idea that it's supposed to be happy and not sad or upset. But the biggest reason is I like love life, getting up early, putting my right boot on first, going to church, eating fruit and so on. In this World of uncertainty why not look for and concentrate on what seems to work. I guess I will keep up the same old habits because I rather enjoy being a happy person versus one who is always grumpy or seems upset. Indeed I occasionally sleep a bit longer or forget to slip my right foot in first but in the end I believe it is primarily what we tell ourselves that make us happy people or not.
I Love you all, Lincoln
Ponderings
10 years ago
3 comments:
You have always been one of the most positive people I have ever known. I don't know how you have always been able to get by on 6 hours of sleep, it seems I have to get 8 hrs. of sleep to function now-a-days.
Keep smiling dad, it makes people like you, I will always remember your smile and how wonderfully positive you have always been in my life.
I love you!
I have to admit, you have driven me a little crazy with your happiness in the morning . . . you are singing . . . and I'm thinking . . . WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO HAPPY! I could have worse things to complain about!!! :)
I know why you are smiling . . . you are thinking about me!!!
Well, You nailed the biggest reason. I truely married up in this world of ours and 99% of the happiness I have is because of you. I flat out enjoy being married and know it's primarily because of you. I just hope that I can someday match your abilities and standards for overall life. I love you, have a grand day Honey.....:)
Post a Comment