Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sunset and food




Just thought that I would send you a couple of pictures that I took which I thought were good. I took this one a couple of mornings ago as it was quite impressive with the sun coming up, the area is too much like being in the desert of Utah.




The local contractors gave us a lunch. This picture is the entire course which consisted of some goat, rice doctored in goat juice, a tomato onion spice puree, and some beef wrapped in a sort of home made bread. I enjoyed everything but the goat which was almost rare. This was the second time that we have been fed by the locals. The first time I ended up spending most of the night awake running to the porta john. So needless to say I was a bit worried this time but for whatever reason I was fine. The food is actually quite tasty however I won't eat the goat anymore. The locals enjoy watching us eat their traditional food.
I had a hard time sending this picture on as my mouth is so full. The local nationals standing over me are one of the contractors and one of our interpreters. Still enjoying the ride even though we are over working ourselves. Love you a ton. Lincoln

8 comments:

Tina said...

Looks like you're doing well. Looks like a very intersting experience!

Baxter said...

I don't think I could even eat goat, much less try it. That sunset is really beautiful.

Sid said...

We raised a couple of goats when we were growing up. We had them butchered and the goat chops were really good, better than pork chops. But, I'd guess that an older goat wouldn't taste good at all.

Grandpa Sid said...

Holy GOAT,
It looks like you had a ton of food on your tray.
Down in Mexico they are big on Cabreetoe. (phonetic) (baby goat)

And I agree with Sid, the goat chops we had were good.

Take care!

Tina said...

I don't really agree with you, dad and Sid, I remember not liking the goat:) and have tried to stay away from it since!

The two old crows said...

I liked the goat chops but not the goatburger.
It is a pretty sunset.

Lincoln Stevens said...

I think that the goat was gross because it was red and raw. I have had goat before and it was fine, I just don't like food that still has hair on it. Nope i won't eat the goat here anymore and hope that the locals will overlook it.

Bainter Family Antics said...

I liked the goat chops too but they were really small. I didn't like the idea of the juice over the rice though. EEEEW! You are brave.