Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wow a person can sure see the Stars from here

Here it is Wednesday morning and time to start the day. Since our arrival the skies have been a bit overcast with snow on three of the days and just flurries the rest but this morning when I went outside the skies were totally clear and wow what a site. From here the stars are huge because granted we are a bit higher above sea level, we're at 7,400 feet above sea level but, mainly it's because there are no surrounding light to intrude upon the atmosphere. It is just as I remember whenever I had the chance to camp out in the high country of Utah or Alaska. Living close to the East coast we have far to much man-made light to get such star reaction so I though it was awesome. Yesterday our team was told that we had to get all of our Battle Gear ready as we were now in charge of a large section of ground outside the primary base. Getting ones' battle gear ready involves ensuring that your body armorer has all of times plates properly fixed which includes sides plates, shoulder plates and neck plates along with its normal chest and back plates. It adds a lot of weight to the over all body armor but in the end it is worth being ready. We get our weapons fully set up and get issues our ammo load. We really aren't going far off of the main base but need to be prepared anyway. I hope you are all enjoying the occasional updates. Love you all and talk to you soon.

Lincoln

3 comments:

King Family said...

Id love to see the stars. I can remember times when I've seen them really well, but that sounds amazing.

The two old crows said...

You don't get to see the stars very good anymore. I think the last time I saw them was in Abraham.

Lincoln Stevens said...

I will have to take a few pictures of the stars so I can remember them, I hope the camera will do a good job.