Note from me (Tina): This e-mail was sent to me . . . . I'm editing out the personal stuff but you can have the rest!! He doesn't have access to blogs or personal sites at this place he is at now. I hope that is different where he is going.
From Linc:
Yep, we are allowed and have access to at least these sort of web sites so I can at least read my e-mails here and write some things occasionally.
Things continue to stay grounded here so we aren't going anywhere until at least Monday. This base is real small so most of our time has been spent just sitting around and talking. It's quite cold so getting out and walking around this small base is a bite but at least it is something to do. Wow, talk about jet lag, with this being twelve hours ahead it has almost been impossible to not be simply tired. Yesterday no matter how hard I tried I still ended up taking a nap and sure enough it messed up my sleep. I have basically been getting my sleep in three hour allotments as for whatever reason I sleep three hours and then I'm wide awake and can't seem to sleep anymore. Today, however I'm holding out and have not taken a nap even though my body is already screaming for one. But since it's only 4:30 pm I'm not going to give in to my desire to sleep until 10:00 pm and hopefully that will force my body to sleep for at least six hours and put me into this time zone.
I hope all is well and that you are surviving the cold spell we are hearing about. Hope the kerosene heaters are helping. This little base has a small chapel so I went and took a look at their schedule and guess what, there is an LDS service at 4:00 pm tomorrow (Sunday). Yep I plan on going. The food as always is great and overwhelming so there is no worry there. I just can't wait until we are allowed to enter our final country and get to our final destination.
Lincoln
Ponderings
10 years ago
2 comments:
It sounds like things are going well. I know you wont be able to read this for a while.. but how would you compare your weather there to the weather in Salt Lake?
Love you!
The weather here is almost the same as what you have....of course I mean here in Afghanistan where I'm at. It is Sunday morning and it's snowing with two inches on the ground and temps around 30. Just about the same as where you are at.
Post a Comment