Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm finally departing

Thank you all for the comments which you have placed upon the various entries. Tomorrow I finally depart for real and get to deploy with the greatest military in the world. The past three weeks at home have been simply great as I only worked for four full days and thus spent the rest of the time home with Tina and the kids.

Many have asked, “Are you scared or nervous”? I have to admit that I’m not scared as we simply have been trained too well and until yesterday I have not felt any nervousness but I think that has now changed a bit. As I think about the area I will be serving in more and more and know the dangers that wait I can’t help but feel a bit apprehensive but others have been there and a lot are still serving and thus it’s my time. I’m often asked, “Why did you volunteer”? well, I guess I just felt that I needed to know what others are going through since I will now have the responsibility of sending all of the Civil Engineers into these and other harmful areas of the world. How could I send others without understanding what they went through? I will miss Tina the most and then of course the rest of the family. The past few weeks have been fun and will remind me for months to come of what I can look forward to. I will keep up the posts as often as I’m able to and love all of you. The Lord watches over each of us daily and so I will see you all soon.

Lincoln

2 comments:

King Family said...

I love you too Dad. Be safe, be healthy, be happy. Ryan and I will be praying for you. We can't wait to see you when you come back. You'll have to see if you can visit us in Utah or something.

Bainter Family Antics said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you also. We are proud of what your are doing and I feel that the Lord will protect you.