We continue to work long hours primarily due to the fact we are learning our jobs more and more each day. I usually get up around 0400 so that I can either exercise or go to the blogs which ever day that may represent. My goal is to be in the office by 0600 and I usually make it. I find that I spend more time and take longer when I go to the MWR building as I enjoy it far more than exercising.
I am currently in charge and thus running 12 separate projects of varying sizes all dealing with gravel, dirt or cement at the moment. There are times that I indeed feel a bit over whelmed as the job sites are far apart and sometimes it is hard to ensure the local nationals understand our desires. Our interpreters do an outstanding job but there is still constant corrections to what the local nationals understand and perform.
We usually eat lunch around 1:00 and then dinner around 6:30 pm. I have been going back to the office and working until 8:30 pm just so as to prepare for the next day. None of the duties are taxing physically they are just forcing my mind to work continuously.
The past few nights we have been treated to a semi fireworks display as our Base shoots off night flares which bust a few hundred feet above the fence lines and slowly drift down. It is quite a site seeing it in person having only previously seen it on TV and in movies. Those night flares are quite comforting as we know that they are allowing our guard towers the ability to see basically everything that might be moving.
When I went to church last Sunday I filled out my contact information to include your name and our home Ward and Stake. Yesterday I got an e-mail from the District President welcoming me to the District. The District is located in Kabul which is a few hours drive away but they cover our whole region. Kabul is where the largest Air Force Base is located and thus they have a large church populace of all US and coalition forces. We are allowed and encouraged to proselyte to coalition forces and invite them to church but not any Muslims. The District Presidency sends out a weekly devotional which was nice to read. I think that I mentioned that I get to speak at church next Sunday.
Lincoln
Ponderings
10 years ago
4 comments:
Lincoln is worried that he is boring us . . . . he's not boring me! And if it's boring . . . no one is forced to read it. Right? Right . . ..
He isn't boring me. I love to hear what is going on over there and knowing he is okay. I like konwing what the people are like and how the church is going on over there.
If he can get Ryan to read it it is definitely not boring. I really enjoy the updates and am always excited to see another one. Ryan often comes and reads them with me. Keep them up dad!
Sounds like you have a long day of just work. Do you get to rest for the whole Sunday or do they just give you time off for church?
Love you!
Lincoln,
You're not boring me either. I often share with Chanhei your blog. Thanks for being so diligent in keeping it up to date.
Post a Comment