Saturday, January 24, 2009

We take so much for granted

Good morning,

Over the past three days since arriving to my final FOB (forward Operating Base). I have come to realize more and more why the whole world thinks we Westerners are spoiled. Here I am in a remote location of the world yet I have three hot meals a day, a hot shower if I don't get there to late, warm and excellent clothing, a nice place to sleep and yes church. I should add that we have a small BX, post office, this small MWR (morale, welfare and recreation) facility, a gym and more, wow times have changed even from Desert Storm in 1990 where there were only limited services. Some of the smaller FOBs may not have a couple of these services but that is why our Engineering team is here to eventually get every FOB the services which make our Nation the greatest in the world.

The local nationals who work with us as escorts and or translators live on the FOB also and thus get all of the same services, we don't see them griping or moaning. It's sad when I hear another American complain. Anyway, take advantage and be thankful for what you have. Have a wonderful Sunday, I get to go to Church later today, I looking forward to it.

Lincoln

4 comments:

Tina said...

It's good to hear from you Lincoln . . . I sent an e-mail and I keep getting delivery notices that it hasn't arrived there yet . . . the last notice said 33 hours and still trying to deliver.

It really is a blessing that you can see 1st hand what we all take for granted. It really would be good if every young person (and old) could see it first hand also.

Miss you!!

The two old crows said...

It is good to hear from you and know you are okay and enjoying life. Sid and I pray for you every night.
Love ya
Mom

Lincoln Stevens said...

Thank you for your comments, I miss all of you.

King Family said...

Wow, it sounds like you have it pretty nice. I never would have thought you would have all those things. That is neat. I am sure they are not near as nice as they are here. We should all be thankful for what we have.