Saturday, January 31, 2009

Some Pictures

Here are some pictures Lincoln sent. Some of the descriptions didn't quite match the pictures so I tried to piece them together, I'm still not sure I got them right!!

This is a shot of our temporary compound when we were stuck in Bagram AFB awaiting transport. The Mountains in the back ground were nice to see.
This is a shot of the temporary lodging which is used at Bagram AFB. The limited space forces everyone to cram all of their gear under their cots and often even on the cots while sleeping, we were glad that we were only there one night. We talked to many that had been there for 10 days or more.
In this picture I am greeting several of our daily general laborers. This is the time of the day when we are basically surrounded by a crowd. Most just want to work but occasionally there are problems.
This is a picture of a one lone house which is quite common. These are small homes that are built around the FOBs and used by the local nationals so that they can live close to work

This picture is of me standing with two locals at the small village outside our FOB (forward operating base). My goal here was to show you their house and what these two were wearing. It was sad.This is a simple shot of me in all my battle rattle sitting in a Hummer as we left the Base to check out a local village and conduct some survey operations of the areas around the Base.

This is of me and our three interpreters here at our FOB. Due to my daily duties at least one of these Terps are assigned to me each day.

This picture is of our FOB fence line and gives you an idea of how dry and barren the whole area is.

This one is of some local workers as they are preparing some ground out in front of our building, manual labor is the primary tool.

This one is of a brief sand storm which went through a week or so ago.


Picture Sand Storm is another shot of the brief sand storm which went through a week or so ago, this was taken by someone else but I thought it was worth showing you what we see every so often. When this occurs we just head for indoors.

I hope you were able to get these and that you enjoyed them. I will send others as I take those that seem worth sending on.

Lincoln

5 comments:

Tina said...

Lookin good Linc!!

The two old crows said...

Great pictures, keep them coming.

LeeAnn said...

Great pics. Good to see you in actions!

King Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
King Family said...

Sorry. I wrote the last one and wanted to edit.. just ended up deleting it.

What I said was..

It is great to see all of the pictures. It is nice to see what things look like out there. I especially love the ones that you are in. Love you!