Good morning all,
Here it is 6:00 am and I finally got my slot for the computer. There are simply so many that want and or need to use these computers that the time slots for use are limited to 20 minutes and the wait is over an hour. Technology is amazing, our office lost all connectivity on Saturday because someone in the Comm shop wanted to do our team a favor and increase our e-mail box size limits to 60 Meg. Instead they typed in 60 KB and thus we were immediately unable to receive or send any e-mails. As I tend to work with contracting I get e-mails that are over 1 Meg several times a day and thus have to manage my box on a constant basis. What did we do just years ago. We were basically dead in the water without the ability to talk to any contractors or others outside of our little world. It seems as though we have programmed ourselves for a world where we can't function without our connectivity. Oh course things were fixed Sunday afternoon when the Comm shop figured out what they had done but for that short period of time I at least was frustrated. No phones and then no e-mail.
Anyway, I got to attend church yesterday and had a great time. The area is large enough to have a Branch with over 100 members on the roles and close to 50 in attendance. What a crowd as compared to Sharana's little group. They have a meet and great on Tuesday evenings and Family Home Evening on Thursdays. I hope I'm able to attend both functions weekly. On Saturdays the Base has a Bazaar for the selling of local goods. Sharana had one also but this Base's bazaar is about twenty times larger than anything in Sharana. It will be fun to browse it over the next few months to see if anything catches my eye. I hope all of you are doing well, I miss hearing your voices and seeing you. Until next time, stay safe, Love Lincoln
Ponderings
10 years ago
1 comment:
I'm glad there are more church goers where you are now. We missed church because of flooding in our chapel. Hopefully everything will be alright next week.
You don't know how much you miss the computer until it doesn't work. hehe
Post a Comment