Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10 March 2009 Update from Afghanistan

Good evening,

I decided to place this post this evening as I will be busy first thing in the morning when I would normally place a post. So let's see, Monday was what I call a frustrating day as all that seemed to happen was one road block after another came up in our goal to start the new Perimeter fence project. I spent the entire day working through security issues for the contractor and felt as though we would never get started when I finished for the day. I just had to call home and say hello to Tina. Well, you guessed it, my day finished just great. I have a feeling that talking to Tina last night propelled me into a great day today as everything seemed to go right. The contractor was approved, the site was surveyed, the security detail was assigned, I got my up armored hummer, the mine clearing got started, the dig permit was approved and my silly computer worked. Wow if I can only have days like this one everyday I would be superman. I think that calling Tina who I might add cheered me up caused me to have such a better attitude that it simply rubbed off on all of those I came into contact with and thus produced results. Thank you Tina, I Love you more each day....

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm glad your pessimistic wife cheered you up! How'd that happen . . .

I'm thinking maybe you weren't supposed to start yesterday, there must have been a very good reason!

LOVE YOU TOO

King Family said...

Hello Dad,
Sorry I haven't been commenting lately.. I just read through the last posts that I missed and it sounds like things are going all right. Did you get the sewer thing fixed? That is really gross. Im sorry about your rooming situation, that is too bad too. It sounds like your bathrooms are better though, no more trudging through the mud I hope :) Im glad that everything worked out for you today, mom is a great cheerer upper. I miss you dad and hope the next few months fly by for you!

Halley