Hello all,
Things are a bit better at our new location as we all found a computer cafe which allows blog viewing. So here I am able to respond to a few thoughts. First, I hope to never be on another flight like the one we had to take to get here, it was hard. Next, the dust is great and reminds me of the pictures we used to look at about the dust bowl days. We ride around and work in simply a cloud all the time.
We as a team are working on the septic problem first. It turns out that if we don't we will simply be living in an outhouse condition the entire time here as the sewage lagoons are only half the size of what they should be for the number of personnel on this Base. Others have told us that a person will get used to the smell......I don't want to and wonder why those before us put up with the smell and didn't fix the lagoons.
I procured a bicycle and have been riding it around rather than walking. I figure that being in the dust on a bike will be less than walking and I'm contributing less to the problem. The food is great, the bathrooms in our own buildings are like being in a Five Star hotel and the weather is grand with the temps in the mid seventies. Summer will be fun with the temps in the 120s we are told. All is going well and I hope you are all doing fine also.
Love Lincoln
Ponderings
10 years ago
2 comments:
Love ya Hon! You always make the best out of a situation!
I wish I could look at the bright side of some things like you do Lincoln. I hope you can get the lagoon thing worked out, you wouldn't think that smell, and other things, is very healthly.
Post a Comment