Good morning,
There is plenty of time at the computer if one decided to give up sleep....So I decided to sleep a bit less at least this morning. I've been thinking, yep that's dangerous.
So those of us that are over here are hearing that everyone in the States and England think or have heard that few countries support this here War against the Taliban and constantly ask why we are here in the country striving to make things better for the local people. After all, why can't the local people take care of themselves, right. So I decided to look into this and see if there was anyway to find out how many countries were here supporting this here operation. Take a guess.........fifty-one. Yep that's right there are 51 different countries represented here in Afghanistan all with the same goal of helping out the local population. We have the big countries such as the US, Canada, England, Australia, China, Russia, France, Germany, Spain and a lot of small ones like the Netherlands and Croatians. It would be hard for me to list all of them. The frustrating thing is then why doesn't the World know about all of this support to fight an organization that is bent on wiping out a race and or people. The Afghanistan people have been at war for over 30 years and this is only their recent history. One might debate that issue for ever but in the end the local people who just want to live continue to struggle and suffer and hope for a little bit of a better life. As I help the locals complete there work and strive to be kind to them I have found that the vast majority of the ones which I get to meet are good folks who just want to get by and be productive for their families.
Have a wonderful day, Love you all...Lincoln
Ponderings
10 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for that imput. That was something I didn't know. Like I know a lot.
That is neat information Lincoln. If you can, will you tell us more about how the "Afghan" people feel about the whole thing . . . I don't know if you come across many to talk to though . . . .
It was nice talking to you today!!!
That is very neat. I would like to know more as well.
My guess--It is probably not politically correct to know that there are 51 countries wanting to help the Afghan people. We will not read about the countries in our newspapers or hear about it on the public TV stations.
Too bad they can't 'store' the water when it comes.
When we visited Greece, we saw the 'sewer' system in the pre times--really quite modern.
Interesting reading about your situation, the people, the area.
Post a Comment