Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28th Update

Not being allowed to tell our families or loved ones about all that is going on here is stressful. After all I have an idea that most people understand that we are in a war zone and that bad things happen or could happen. So why are we banned from telling you about all the scary or bad things. Simply because there are far to many families who worry far to much even though they can't do anything about it and if they indeed worry too much then maybe they will distract the deployed member from being able to focus on what is important and what we have to accomplish.

A couple of weeks ago I told you about a plane that crashed while it was on approach and landing. The plane was totaled however the pilot was okay right. I told you in my blog entry that you could read all about it as it had hit all the news channels and papers. What I didn't tell you is that this information was on the web within thirty minutes. Some troop who thought it was way cool posted it to the web before the majority of the base even knew about it. There were several phone calls from concerned spouses to local commanders asking if the pilot in question was their particular spouse. These local state side commanders had to then calm the spouse down and find out for themselves what had happened. Stress at home for no reason right....well that is how the rumor mill works anyway so instead of having some spouse call and cry over every little potential threat we are told to wait until the news is released and then we can share our thoughts on what happened which still should never include sensitive details in case an investigation is underway.

There are members on our team that have never told their spouse that they have to travel off the base because they understand the stress this information might cause. I don't know, I think that if Tina understands what I'm doing then she will be able to pray for my safety with a better understanding of what I need, right? I feel that most spouses understand that we are indeed in harms way and occasionally in danger so I tend to share more than others, at least once I know I'm allowed to share the stuff.

I hope you have a wonderful day...

Happy Birthday Norman, he's my big brother in case you didn't know.

Love you all, Lincoln

1 comment:

The two old crows said...

Know that it lets dad and I know to pray for your safety everyday also. In fact twice a day.