Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some pictures from Lincoln

Here is a picture of Lincoln guarding the guns at the BWI airport.
Here is a picture of the lavish barracks that they are staying in.


The comfortable beds, reminds me of the Westin's "dream bed." NOT!

The note from their maid . . . . probably only made up their bed before they got there and not again. And I am cursing picassa 3 that attached itself to my computer. I can't figure out how to "flip" this photo! Everything is different and less user friendly. ARGHhhh
Here is Lincoln cleaning what I think he said was an M16. I thought they were shooting M4's . . . . hmmmmm.
Lincoln either getting ready to go out . . . . or just coming back . . . . I don't know.

This one below is definately after they came back . . . . he said he was exhausted!

One of the guys he is working with . . . .

3 comments:

King Family said...

It is good to see some pictures of everything. I hope dad gets used to all the weight he has to carry and gets some good rest.

I love you dad!

Halley

Lincoln Stevens said...

I thought I would clarify the note that was placed upon my pillow. First off, we don't have any maids and had to make our own beds when we arrived. Second, this was a note that was placed upon my bed when the enlisted guys made my bed one day to surprise me. Since the bed was already made I knew there was some prank that was being pulled on me however I let them make the bed anyway. As it turned out the prank occured and my bed was made up with what is called short sheeting. That's where the top sheet only goes half way so one really has to remake their whole bed, a task which takes a few minutes as the sheets are not fitted. Anyway, these enlisted guys have been so kind as to make my bed the same way three times. I try to catch them at the prank but with all of the meetings I have I'm away far to oftem. This is one prank that I can live with and which allows a bit of steam to be released. Later.

King Family said...

Haha.. That is awesome! Too bad that it takes you time to redo it but it makes me laugh.