Hello from CST. Today besides language training we had the privilege of playing a short four hour war game to test our knowledge of some of our training in the combat lifesaver course (CLS). This was the course where we eventually gave our buddy an I.V. Anyway besides the I.V we learned a lot of other cool first aide stuff such as when and properly how to apply tourniquets and performing what is called a chest decompression (putting a big needle into someones chest) which prevents a chest from collapsing after one is shot. Anyway, those are only a few of the things we were taught during our CLS class. One would think that we are basically medics but trust me a medic knows a ton more that what we are taught. The stuff we learn will however save 95% of injured persons which helps the medics out a lot.
Anyway, today we had this four hour exercise and got to use most of the things we were taught. It started out (once we were all geared up) with a surprise explosion. This surprise explosion totally caught all of off guard and the percussion left my ears ringing for close to six hours. We had continual smoke, concussions and wounded to treat for this whole time while wearing all of our gear, setting up perimeter guards and firing back to engage the enemy, what a great scenario. I placed another I.V. and a tourniquet. Granted today the test subjects were actual dummies rather than our buddies. Anyway, training is going well and the troops are getting along great.
One last thought, War doesn't built true character, War reveals true character. It will be interesting to have my own character revealed. I Love You All.Until next time keep the home fires burning brightly.
Ponderings
10 years ago
1 comment:
That is a great quote. I hope all is going well out there for you. It sounds like you are learning a lot of great skills.
Post a Comment