Good morning all,
As some of you are aware the Northwest has already seen its annual level snow which has really dumped its share right here on the foothills of Mt Rainier. Regardless our training has continued as who can tell what the weather will be like when we actually reach our snow covered destinations.
We have spent the past 2 1/2 days going over convoy operations. As convey operations are the number #1 killer or wounder of personnel this segment of our training is probably the most important. Again I have to salute the trainers from the Army as they have taken a group of Air Force Engineers and been able to make each of us feel as though we can and will survive as we drive around where ever we eventually end up. Our feet and hands have been cold yet our minds busy as we have driven, commanded and fired the SAW (squad automatic weapon). The
scenarios where our vehicle is attacked were outstanding yet who really knows until the real thing actually occurs. I however trust that we are as ready as we can be made without actually going through some live events. Trust me I would prefer to be one of those that comes home and is able to claim that nothing like an ambush occurred to me the whole time I was deployed.
We have one day left of training and that is dedicated to what is called HEAT (humvee egress awareness training). We get to climb in our vehicles and basically practice getting out of them after rolling over. We get to practice getting out while it's on its side or finally while it is partially submerged in water. I hope that this training is indoors as wet uniforms with the temps in
the teens will be simply miserable.
Hope all is well, until next time have a wonderful weekend.
Ponderings
10 years ago
1 comment:
All I can say is you are a trooper to go through all that. I also hope you come home without having to go through any of that that they are training you for.
Post a Comment