Been a busy day but a good one. We arose at our normal 0445 this morning and had formation at 0630 which is a bit early only because of what we had scheduled for the day. We geared up and had a short 5 mile hike with our helmet, flak vest, weapons and everything I told you about earlier which fits on the web belt. I can tell you that this 65 lbs sure is heavy after a couple of miles.
Anyway when we were done which was about 0830 we divided into two groups. The first group went to a specialized first aid class. This class is totally amazing as a person comes away from it feeling like they could actually save their buddies life if they are wounded. I and eleven others though were sent to Afghan speaking class. We got to start our beginning classes in one of the Afghan dialects. For four hours we went over the proper way to say everykind of greeting. Trust me after four hours a person is ready for a break. Anyway we get to do all of these things again tomorrow and Sunday, what joy. The OIC (officer in charge) and I and the NCOIC (non-commisioned officer in charge) had two meeting this afternoon occupying the rest of our day. It's nice to be in the know however it seems that we work while the others get to take some time off.
On a side note, I'm eating way too much. Its as though I'm a young pup again and can't stop eating. I don't feel as though I'm gaining weight so hopefully the intake of calories is needed due to the pace we're keeping. I just finished a two mile jog so I feel as though I'm getting in shape. That's all for now, talk to you all later. Love you all, Lincoln.
From Tina: Lincoln broke 2 of his toes before he left . . . . it sounds as if he's making it through!
Ponderings
10 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, it sounds like you could use some r&r! I miss you dad. I hope everything continues to go well and that your toes have gotten better. That kinda stinks that you broke them right before all of this. I love you!
Halley
Post a Comment