Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 2

The food is good and plentiful so I'm having to curb myself and tailor back what I get. They will basically make a person anything they ask for for breakfast or dinner. For lunch we get MREs. I have yet to eat one and plan on bringing mine home. I thought that it would be nice to have these new MREs for our emergency stash. I'm still eating lunch, just not an MRE. For breakfast I take some extra stuff such as a bagle and fruit and think I'm fine. Anyway, I'm not sure if I was in good enough shape as wearing the flakvest, helmet and all of the gear that goes with our weapons is flat out heavy so when we have finished for the day I'm exhausted. I hope I get used to it soon. The additional equipment which everyone of us have received is totally amazing, I wish we got to keep some of the items. We are in a barracks setup with bunk beds. The building is warm howbeit old and creaky. Due to my rank I was placed a quite away from the bathroom which seems to be a challenge in the middle of the night. It takes a couple of minutes to traverse the halls and stairs creaking all the time. These are all good guys and should be good to work with. Some are more experianced than I while others are looking up to me. I'm the enlisted leader and have had to attend all of the leadership meetings. This is both good and bad as I'm in the know yet busier than I need to be as I have yet to get a chance to read or even listen to my IPod. Anyway, this should smooth out in a couple of days. I'm healthy all be it I'm tired but that is cureable with sleep. Love ya and miss you. Say hi to all.

3 comments:

King Family said...

Why do they set the higher ranked guys away from the bathroom? It seems more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Huh.. I wonder what their reasoning's are.

Lincoln Stevens said...

It"s considered a blessing to be away from the bathrooms as the bathrooms are noisy all night. So, even though I have to walk farther it is a lot quieter so one can sleep. This is easy, in Afghanistan the bathroom will be over 100 yards away.

King Family said...

Wow, that is crazy. Well Im glad you get some quiet at night. That must be nice. You are kind of a heavy sleeper though aren't you?