Hello everyone,
I thought that I would bring you us to date on our goings and comings here at CST. We've come to the point where all of our training is vehicular based with emphasis on Convoy operations. Yesterday we spent the whole day driving around while practicing all kinds of scenarios such as what should you do while driving and a sniper engages the convoy or what do you do if the
first or second vehicle gets blown up what do the rest of the vehicles do and why. Over and over we have gone over all kinds of situations that have actually occurred in Iraq and which are happening more and more in Afghanistan.
I'm impressed more and more with the level of training and commitment which is shown by the individuals training us. They have recognized that our 36 members were made up of individuals from 19 different Air Force units all brought together to fulfill five different missions, yet they have still been able to adjust the training to fit the five separate locations where we are all headed. Very dedicated and knowledgeable, I'm glad to have been able to meet them.
Until next time have a wonderful Thursday.
Lincoln.
PS from Tina - - - Lincoln has caught a little cold . . . darn . . . .but he is coming home on Monday for Christmas, it'll be fun to see him again, but the time is growing closer to his actually leaving the country, so his homecoming is bitter-sweet.
Ponderings
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment