

This evening four of us took a drive. We needed to as we had to checkout a job site before it got to dark. After looking over the work site we stopped to watch the sun set and decided to take a few pictures as the sun slowly descended below the horizon. I had forgotten how pretty the sunsets are in the desert. There I was taking a few shots, which I hope you all enjoy; one of them was totally cool. A British Harrier (aircraft) came taxiing along just as I clicked the sunset shot. I immediately showed the others the picture because I thought and hoped that I had actually caught the aircraft in the middle of my shot and sure enough it was there. I know all of you are great at clicking pictures but I'm not so this was cool. Anyway, back to the sunsets.The desert has a way of taking the shimmering heat waves of the passing day and rippling sunsets to such a degree that they are simply neat and unmatched. I have taken sunset photos from many places and simply love the sunsets of the desert. Whether it is dusty or clear the sunsets are unique enough to brag over.
I guess we can say that I'm striving to do my best to find the silver lining in everything we do here in Kandahar after all there has to be a reason that so many people live and want to stay in such a harsh desert environment. If one overlooks the smell or dangers of the area Kandahar is quite a bit like the southwestern area of the US with all of its beauty, heat, dust and of course sunsets.
I hope all of you have a wonderful sunset filled evening; I love you all and will write soon. Lincoln
3 comments:
Those are beautiful pictures
Those are beautiful pictures and the one of the harrier is way cool. I love ya dad!
Really lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment