Sunday, July 19, 2009

19 July 2009

How do we spell relief....I said the other day that I spelt it (our reliefs are on their way) however now that our reliefs are delayed I'm holding off on spelling relief until we actually see them. So, we will not be getting home this week like we originally planned.....:( This is the first time Tina will have heard this new also as I have not been able to get a hold of her. Phone challenges here and all of the fun she is having with the boys have made it tough to connect with each other. Oh well what are another few days when we are having so much fun over here anyway, right?

So when will our replacements arrive, that is our question and one which is plaguing us and our departure date. It appears as though we will be home sometime around the 27th but are planning on working anything earlier if we are able to depart. I find it interesting in how I feel as our departure from this area of the world draws near. I am grateful for having had this opportunity. There have been days that were great and rewarding and other which were frustrating. Different process between the differing branches of the military created the most headaches.

Whereas, working with the locals and actually feeling as though I was helping them succeed in life was rewarding. I will miss very little of the deployment with the exception of the local nationals and their day to day struggle to live, the fellowship of those I have worked with and those from the local branch of the church. I would have struggled a lot more without the help of the church members here and all of your prayers on a daily basis as I can attest to each of you, I have felt them.

I now look forward to other adventures in other parts of the world will write in the blog when something unique happens.

I love you all and will talk to most of you soon. Love Lincoln

4 comments:

Tina said...

Ahhhh man . . . . I feel like I've been slugged . . . 3 more days??? Now it seems silly when I type it, but as the time gets closer each minutes starts to draw out longer!!! I'm glad I'm keeping busy!!

Sudar Clan said...

Thank you for your service, we love you! We are excited that you get to go home soon. And you should make yourself a book out of this blog, it is pretty awesome.

King Family said...

I can tell you are almost done with the tour because of how your are reminiscing. What a good feeling it will be to see mom, and the boys. If only I could be there to see you home. It will come faster than you know and you will be wondering where the time went.

Mary Jo said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you get to be with your family again so soon! (If you are not already.)